Be Smart and Breathe Easy Asthma Program
AAFA New England’s “Be Smart and Breathe Easy Asthma Program,” conducted in three inner-city Boston schools, had as its overarching goals to improve outcomes for students with asthma by reducing asthma triggers, increasing understanding of disease management and treatment, and ultimately reducing school absenteeism due to asthma. Original copyrighted resource documents, some in both English and Spanish, are available below for school staff and individuals to help improve the quality of life for students with the diagnosis of asthma.
- Be Smart and Breathe Easy PowerPoint
- Managing Asthma
- Manejo del Asma
- Asthma Environmental Checklist for Schools
- Asthma Medication Fact Sheet
- Medicamentos para el asma
- Peak Flow Meter Fact Sheet
- Midiendo su tasa de Flujo Espiratorio Maximo
Copies of the “Be Smart and Breathe Easy Final Report” are available from AAFA New England upon request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.