The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, New England Chapter is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to the control and cure of asthma and allergies. We help people live active, healthy lives with asthma and allergies, including food allergies.
Asthma Goal Series: Is it More than Just “Bad Asthma?”
When: Thursday, December 3rd, 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. Online via Zoom
About: This presentation will review asthma basics — persistent vs. intermittent asthma; severe asthma (non-allergic and allergic); control vs. severity; review of asthma triggers; the impact of asthma on your life (personal, social, and family); goals for control and next steps (how to take action to gain more control); and review of the Doctor Discussion Guide. Presented by: Arnita Roberts-Christie, RN, BSN, MS,
Patient Engagement Liaison, GlaxoSmithKline.
SAVE THE DATE: Virtual Fall Gala 2020 “for life without limits™”
Tuesday, November 10th, 7:00 p.m.
Join us online and contribute to the success of our Virtual Fall Gala 2020 in a 40-minute program inspired by our Champions of the Asthma and Allergy community.
- Learn about AAFA New England’s important work and pay tribute to one of our Board members whose exemplary life and untiring support drives us.
- Hear Dan Barouch, M.D., Ph.D., Director, Center for Virology and Vaccine Research, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, discuss the current state of the COVID-19 pandemic and the search for effective and safe vaccines.
- Enjoy Kyle Dine, internationally-known singer and songwriter, who will deliver through song a message of empowerment for children with food allergies.
- Bid online in our Silent Auction on a creative collection of items for all.
- Offer your important support for AAFA New England. It’s easy. It’s fun! It’s online this year!
COVID-19 Resource Information Page
AAFA New England recognizes that the community we serve is particularly concerned about the impact of COVID-19. We too are concerned about the health and safety of people with asthma and allergies and their families. We have compiled some information you may find useful. As always, we recommend you visit reputable websites such as the CDC and WHO to get the most up-to-day and accurate information. COVID-19 Resources>
You Deserve the Truth About Vaping
- E-Cigarettes and Vaping Resources
AAFA New England Bulletin
Check out our 2020 Fall newsletter!
Past Newsletters: 2020 Spring newsletter, 2020 Winter newsletter, 2019 newsletter, 2019 Spring, 2019 Winter, 2018 Fall, 2018 Spring and 2017 Winter
Become a member of AAFA New England and receive your own copy of the Asthma & Allergy Bulletin three times a year! Professional members receive a limited supply of copies to give to patients.
Be Smart and Breathe Easy Asthma Program
In 2018, AAFA New England conducted the “Be Smart and Breathe Easy Asthma Program” in three inner-city Boston schools. Original resource documents were created to help schools manage their students affected by this chronic condition. These resources, written in both English and Spanish, address both disease management and asthma environmental trigger remediation. It is our goal that these resource documents will extend our reach to help improve the quality of life for students with the diagnosis of asthma. Click here to access these resources for your own information.
Sponsors, Supporters and Partners
AAFA New England gratefully acknowledges our generous supporters.
The Thoracic Foundation