The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, New England Chapter is committed to the health, well-being and safety of people with asthma and allergies, their families, and our entire community.
With the growing concern of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we recognize that you may have concerns and questions regarding how best to support and protect yourself, your family and others around you.
Our goal with this communication to our audience is to provide convenient links for you to be directed to official sites and vetted information that you can use to answer your questions and allay some of your concerns.
Specifically, for our asthma patients we can encourage the following:
- Make sure that your asthma condition is well-controlled.
- Ensure that you have enough asthma medications on hand, consistent with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations.
- Contact your healthcare provider if your asthma is not well controlled, if symptoms of coronavirus appear, or if you have additional questions.
Each of the links below which we are providing will be updated periodically, although due to the constantly changing nature of this situation, any source may not represent the most up-to-date information at any given time. We recommend that you check the sites regularly for updates.
COVID-19 GENERAL RESOURCES
Centers for Disease Control
- Coronavirus vaccine information: click here to download and/or print
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information
- Coronavirus: Coping with Stress
- COVID-19: Holiday Celebrations
- COVID-19: Considerations for Institutions of Higher Education
U.S. Food and Drug Administration
World Health Organization:
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): advice for the public
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Travel Advice
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI):
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Update: What Healthcare Professionals and Patients Need to Know (podcast). Important information about COVID-19 and how it can impact patients with allergy and asthma conditions.
Children’s Hospital Boston
- Coronavirus, COVID-19
- Community Resources & Policy Updates
- Parenting during the coronavirus pandemic
Other New England State General Resources
COVID-19 BACK TO SCHOOL RESOURCES
AAFA New England
- COVID-19 Guidelines for Schools and the Impact on Kids with Food Allergies and Asthma
- COVID-19 and Asthma Toolkit For Schools
- Back to School Planning: Checklists to Guide Parents, Guardians, and Caregivers
- School Decision-Making Tool for Parents, Caregivers, and Guardians
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 School Resources
- Reopening Massachusetts Public Schools 2020-2021
- School safe travel during Covid-19
- COVID-19 Resources for Schools
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 School Information and Resources, New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services